Advantages and Disadvantages of Wooden Flooring
Wooden Flooring can be differentiated into Hardwood Flooring and Laminate Wooden Flooring. However below are the detailed advantage and disadvantage of the two:
Hardwood flooring is in trend for a luxury feel and they provide a touch of class and elegance to the overall decor. Hardwood flooring also makes the ambiance classy and inviting. However, like every other type of flooring, hardwood flooring also has certain disadvantages. Therefore, before installing hardwood floors at your home, you must be aware of both its advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Hardwood Flooring
- Hardwood flooring is very easy to maintain. Regular sweeping, vacuuming or washing with a mop are enough to clean the floor. In case food spills and dirt deposit, it can be cleaned with a wood cleaner and it is back to its elegance.
- Hardwood flooring can be sanded and refinished multiple times, which will increase the finishing of it.
- Hardwood flooring increases the valuation of a home than any other types of floors.
- Hardwood flooring is versatile in nature because it fits into both traditional and modern home décor. You can also personalize your floor by using hardwoods like cherry, walnut, and oak.
- Hardwood flooring is best suited for people who are prone to environmental allergies.
- Hardwood flooring is more durable than other types of floors. This quality has made them the much-preferred choice for flooring, since decades.
Disadvantages of Hardwood Flooring
- Hardwood flooring is vulnerable to moisture and humidity. Even a little amount of moisture can deteriorate the wood. Hence should be careful not to spill any type of liquid on the floor.
- The high cost of Hardwood flooring makes it less affordable compared to other types of flooring.
- Although hardwood flooring is easy to maintain still they require frequent refinishing, to ensure that their shine lasts for a long time.
- Extreme noise, when walking across it, makes hardwood flooring a nuisance. If they still want to install it, the floor would have to be covered by an area rug.
- Hardwood flooring is not suitable for every room at your home. You cannot install hardwood floors in your bathroom or laundry, where moisture and spills are enormous
Laminate Wooden flooring is an admired and a preferred choice among homeowners today. There are several advantage and disadvantage of owning laminate flooring in your home. Overall, laminate wooden flooring is a very good choice if you want the look of wood but cannot afford to make the initial investment. You can keep it looking great by taking good care of it according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Before getting into the conclusion one must understand the advantages and disadvantages of it:
Advantages of Laminate Wooden Flooring
In the case of Laminate Wooden Flooring, there are several advantages.
- Laminate wooden flooring is durable and strong.
- The Laminate wooden flooring is designed for heavy traffic.
- It is also easy to clean and maintain.
- It is versatile and can be available in a wide range of colors, shades, and styles.
- Laminate wooden Flooring is less expensive than hardwood flooring, but it gives the same beautiful look.
- Dirt and dust cannot keep on in laminate flooring.
Disadvantages of Laminate Wooden Flooring
These floors do have a few disadvantages.
- Laminate flooring is not the most environmentally friendly product.
- It can probably only last for 10 to 15 years.
- In addition, if laminate floors are installed in wet areas such as bathrooms, many manufacturers will not honor the warranty if something goes wrong with the flooring.
- Laminate floors cannot be sanded and refinished if they are damaged.
- There is an additional requirement of sub-floor to reduce the sound of feet.
Call Us: 00914912544737